Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Lessons Learned

This is a small smattering of the knowledge I have gained today:

Sodexo is capable of serving questionable meals (like lamb pot pie) from multiple countries.

Dogs are not allowed to foul on Oxford footpaths.

Construction does not exist in Oxford, but road "works" do.

All the money from the sketchy St. Giles fair rides goes to the church.

The strawberries I just consumed are from Kent.

The only way that I will ever know my way around town is by getting lost many many times first.

There are white geese in University Park where I "ran" today.

Brits that are "barmy for salami" eat pepperoni sticks.

Turkish delight isn't all that delightful.

It is difficult to cook for one.

British people do not believe in heat - this is the other reason they drink so much tea.

The Office is cruder in Britain.

When the projector stops working during class it is time for tea.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

cooking for one is indeed difficult. if i could cook/bake for two and send the other half to you, i would ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis,
It sounds like you are learning a lot. I'm finally settled into my new room with my new roommate here at the Sem (yeah, it was an interesting first two days let me tell you). I'm just so glad Rachel was here to help me adjust and look to God for guidance and direction. I'm praying for you and hope that you are well. I still need to see if my ancient computer will take Skype or not. We shall see. I love you very much and look forward to hearing more from you. Let me know how you are doing. :) Love and hugs!!
-Aaron